Monday 2 December 2013

DECEMBER CHALLENGE - 2ND DECEMBER

"Music makes me happy" ULTIMATE CLICHE. I'll be more specific, Don Broco make me happy.
When I met Don Broco in June
For those of us unaware, Don Broco are an alt rock band from Bedford - about a 20 minute drive from where I live actually! They've been around for a few years now, 2008 if we're being specific, and have got to be my all time favourite band since forever a while ago. I'm lucky enough to be seeing them live (again) on Saturday night at the Roundhouse in London, still awaiting the arrival of my tickets though!
Don Broco, in my opinion, have a song for every occasion. In a really cheerful, outgoing, 'nothing can stop me' kinda mood? Try listening to Hold On or Whole Truth. Feeling a bit down? Listen to I'm Good or You Got It Girl. Last day of the summer holidays? I set Let's Go Back To School as my alarm for the first day back (no lie). My personal favourite song is Chemistry which isn't actually on an album (and I promise I'm not picking this one to be original or hipster or whatever). Because it's not on an album I have about as much chance of hearing it live as I do of flying to the moon this month - ie not a high chance.
I also got the chance to meet them back in June at the Drop Dead store in London, and I could have met them again at Reading Festival in August, but I was pretty much dead from 5 days of non stop partying and I didn't get to the meet and greet tent in time. There's a slim chance of meeting them after the gig on saturday but I'm not holding out any hopes.
The reason they're my number 2 on 'things that make me happy' is because they've been my favourite band for so long, and consequently so many of their songs hold memories for me. Gradually, I've become addicted to most of their songs and while that's been happening, other stuff has been going on in my life. I'm not gonna go into detail of which songs hold which memories because some of them are weird and/or personal, but pretty much the whole of Priorities (the album) reminds me of my holiday to Fuerteventura in April.
From songs like Big Game to the newly released You Wanna Know, Don Broco have come far - playing on Reading & Leed's main stage pretty much proves that!
Don Broco are a band to listen to whatever your mood - have a listen to Chemistry, You Got it Girl and I'm Good or any of their songs they're all really good I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment