Wednesday 1 January 2014

The "2013 feels like only yesterday.." post!

I'm pretty sure that looking back on last year, near enough everyone's reaction was along the lines of "2013 was shit! Let's hope that 2014 is better!" etc. I'm not sure whether it's because we're all optimists at heart or perhaps we all suffer the same deterioration of good memories throughout the year. We'll never know. I myself am susceptible to the same behavior so I thought this year I'd make a post of the highlights of the year! Look out for cringy photos and a few mugshots..

JANUARY 2013:
I went to a great (somewhat late) NYE party and also turned 17. I got to my LW to date (which sadly didn't last long) and I had a happy month!
Cringy (slightly tipsy) photo from late NYE party. I can't believe this was only a year ago omg
FEBRUARY 2013:
I'll be honest - not much happened in February. I got closer to a really good friend finally, which made me happy for a bit until we both ruined it. Hmm. February was also the first time I went underage clubbing which was a great night. Despite going to a different sixth form to all of my other friends, I was with a few of them on this night out and it was really funny. I did end up getting home at 4AMish though, much to my mum's complete dissatisfaction!

MARCH 2013:
March was a good month because I got my January exam result back - to find out i got BB! I was really happy because I got A's in both my coursework pieces meaning that I got AABB for my AS level results (more on that in August!) I'm not sure I've got any actual picture proof but you'll have to take it from me, it was a good month. My tickets for ADTR also turned up in March according to my facebook timeline, although the actual event was in June!

APRIL 2013:
In April I went to Fuerteventura with my family and also got together with my (ex) boyfriend. I'd have to say the holiday was more fun than the boyfriend, although at the time I'd say differently! The holiday was really good which was a complete surprise at first. As it was April we went to Fuerteventura because it's near Africa and supposedly warm all year round. For the first three days it was freezing. No exaggeration - it was genuinely so cold! We didn't swim because of the temperature although me and Jens did a lot of exploring - the hotel grounds were amazing; there was a private beach and if you walked past it, it was joined with another two hotels which we were allowed in too. After the first few days the weather suddenly got a lot, lot hotter and I got incredibly sunburnt, but less on that!
The best thing about this photo is that it's not edited - this was actually the colour of the sky


MAY 2013:
My exams started in May! That is no way ever a good thing, but definitely a worthwhile thing to mention. I made dozens of flashcards and could tell you anything you wanted to know about psychoanalysis and psychology in general  - at least, the things on the AQA exam board syllabus. May was also the month for Slam Dunk festival which I've been going to for the last three years, which was amazing as usual. I'd been really anxious that morning because I was going with my ex boyfriend and some friends which meant that when we were drinking I got drunk really quickly due to not eating anything, other than that it was a really good day though! I also saw Alt-J live and got right to the front which was great - I was stressed as we didn't get to the venue until 5ish but we were right at the front!
From Alt-J's video diary - subtly pointing out me and my friends

JUNE 2013:
Yet more exams! Also the end of exams though, which is always a good moment. My last exam was actually 5th June, which was Psychology. As soon as it finished I walked out of college for the summer (or for a few weeks until bridging anyway) and met my friends at the station before going to see A Day To Remember! They were absolutely amazing and I also discovered another now favourite band - Your Demise, who were the support. In June I also heard that Don Broco were playing at Reading Festival as well as actually meeting them in London, which was definitely a highlight of 2013.

JULY 2013:
In July I went to Magaluf with my friends, Emily and Sophie. That in itself is really all that happened in July - we went from the 9th until the 9th and the days before and after were spent planning/packing/reminiscing/dying (the last one is only half true). This was my first 'girl's' holiday away without parents and was so great. Being able to come in and go out when we wanted as well as just being free for 10 days brings such a sense of freedom, it's ridiculous. I've got so many photos from this holiday which I keep looking back on because they're hilarious.
The boat party was a definite highlight!

AUGUST 2013:
A lot happened in August - I went to Turkey with my family, I went to Reading Festival with my friends and I got my exam results! They were only AS Level ones but they're 50% of A2 (the ones I'm doing this year) which means they were still pretty important. I was in Turkey when they were given out and after the internet connection dissolving along with not sleeping whatsoever the night before, I finally got my results! AABB, which I was really chuffed with. I actually lost two friends from getting better results than them but realistically that was also a good thing to come out of 2013. Reading Festival was one of my favourite parts of this year and I'm going again next year, without a doubt. Camp Fabulou$ strikes again!


SEPTEMBER 2013:
Back to College.. bleurgh. Start of A2s as well - double the work but half the lessons! Slight exaggeration again, although as we all dropped one subject I have an extra 4 and a half hours free time per week which I'm not complaining about. I have 2/3 great teachers; my english language and media teachers are fantastic and give great feedback, but my psychology teacher is absolutely lovely but can't teach at all. It's slightly worrying because psychology is my weakest subject but I think I'm getting a tutor somepoint soon which should make up the difference. I did make a really good friend from psychology though - my friend Szymon who I've spoken to at parties over the summer ended up sitting next to me and we've become pretty close now, which was something good to come out of September. There were also a lot of college parties this month! I did manage to meet up with a lot of old friends too which was really good.
OCTOBER 2013:
I passed my driving test first time! Always a good moment, and probably the highlight of October. The terror I felt from driving through the town centre at peak time will haunt me forever I'm sure, but I've got used to driving now and my anxiety levels have gone down a lot due to it. I have a lot more time and I think it's given me a lot more confidence now I've achieved something I didn't think I would!

NOVEMBER 2013:
I'm actually struggling to think of things that happened in November, it wasn't especially an adventurous month, hmmm. There's not even anything on my facebook 'year in photos' thing for it. I'm pretty sure November was spent hyping myself up for Don Broco (December) and making Christmas plans. I did watch Trainspotting which I thought was an amazing film. I went on to buy Human Traffic and The Acid House (by the same people/set in the same place) but I haven't watched those yet. I also got offered a Conditional place at my top uni choice which was probably my happiest moment of November.

DECEMBER 2013:
And so we reach the end of the year! This post looks horribly untidy what with random photos dotted all around it. I may have to add a 'year in photos' post to even it out a bit too. As well as a resolutions one! December was a good month - I got closer to a few people, I went to Brent Cross shopping centre, I saw Don Broco live again with a few people I'm now closer to, I got a lot of cool stuff for Christmas and I went to a great NYE party! Ah, memories, it feels like it was only yesterday... (don't hate me). The best part about it now being January though? It's the month of my 18th birthday!

Overall I think 2013 has been a really good year, certainly better than 2012. I've made a lot of new friends, I've seen and met my favourite band as well as discovering new bands. I went to Magaluf and Reading Festival along with going on two family holidays, now I'm just excited for what 2014 will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment